mardi 19 août 2014

Homemade croissants with nutella



Despite the summer heat wave we've had for the past couple of weeks, I had a craving for some home-baked goods...and the frozen puff pastry dough was eyeing me everytime I opened the freezer. I decided to make some nutella-filled croissants.

Yes.

I made croissants in ninety plus degree weather in our air-conditioner free kitchen.  Let me tell you, it was not a pretty picture...

However, they are simple to make and taste so good. I will have to make them again...but I learned my lesson and I will make them when the weather gets cooler. :)

Flour (for working surface)
1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 egg
Filling like nutella or apricot jam


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

Cover your working surface with a generous coating of flour. With a floured rolling pin, roll out the puff pastry dough to an even, thin layer. Using a knife or a pizza cutter, cut the dough in triangle-like shapes.

Take about one teaspoon of your filling (I used nutella) and spread evenly on the wide side of the triangle. Then, roll up the dough towards the tip of the triangle. Repeat with each triangular piece of dough.

Place on a parchment-lined baking tray.

Crack your egg into a small bowl and mix well. Using a pastry brush, lightly cover the top of each croissant.

Bake for approximately half an hour.  Enjoy!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire