jeudi 28 août 2014

Sweet and Tangy Strawberries



It's hard to feel inspired to cook when even the simplest task like boiling a pot of water for pasta on a summer day can leave you sweaty.  Luckily, this is when my love of fruit, salad, smoothies, and ice cream kick in.

Random fact: When I was younger, I never ate any red fruit. Green grapes? Sure! Red grapes? No thank you. Yes, I did eat red apples, but things like strawberries, watermelons, cherries? Blech. Luckily, I have gotten over this and now consider strawberries one of my favorite fruits. I usually like to eat them plain, but every now and again it's nice to try something different.

This strawberry dish is quick and effortless to make and it definitely hits the spot on a hot summer day. Each bite is sweet and tangy - a refreshing combination that's sure to please your sweet tooth.

1 lb of fresh strawberries
2-4 tbsp sugar (depending on your taste)
2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice


Thoroughly wash the strawberries and cut into quarters. Mix the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a bowl.

Let it sit in a fridge for about an hour so the juices really mix.  Enjoy!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire